Tuesday, March 3, 2009

So much to catch up on

Well as you may have noticed I haven't been posting in a while. It's not because I haven't been cooking, but every night I have been spending every precious minute painting my house or preparing for Henry's Birthday party I threw for him on Saturday. It was a giant feat but I got the entire downstairs painted and home-made all the party favors and decorations for the party as well as made about 6 gourmet dishes for the adults to enjoy while their kids played. Here are some photos of what I did with the painting. Along with painting my house I also re-did the playroom and it's working out fabulously for us. No more giant messes for us and all his new toys fit perfectly in all the spaces! The food stuff is to come, but here are some photos of the house colors...






The colors are from Restoration Hardware and are saffron(great room) sea green(kitchen) and chocolate for the alcove around the back door. I LOVE it. It's bold but it totally works.

5 comments:

Tracie said...

It looks great! Thanks for sharing!

Thayer said...

looks great, wish I had time and energy for painting and organizing :)

Alissa said...

Love the colors! Looks fantastic.

Elmina said...

WOW! You have been working hard! The colors look beautiful! I really like how organized your toys are with the cubby shelves. Good job! I'll be checking back to see what foods you served at the party.

charity said...

Hi! How fun that you found me! You look great. how many kids do you have? 1 or 2?