Sunday, December 21, 2008

Gingerbread ornaments


One of my favorite things to bake over Christmas is gingerbread ornaments. The recipe you use isn't that important because most people get sick of them after eating one or two, so it's just important to bake them enough so they get really hard. The frosting is just Royal Icing and you can use eggs or merengue powder if you're worried about salmonella. The one thing you have to be careful of, though, is that you don't put them too close to the window if you live in a humid environment because when it rains, they all get soft and fall off the tree.

I always make ones that spell the kid's names. I already put Henry's on the tree so this is Beatrice's. I didn't realize how long her name was! Next year maybe I'll just stick with Bea.

2 comments:

sbt said...

Those look great Amelia! That's a really fun idea.

Tracie said...

Very cute! I love that you spell their names in the cookies. What a great idea. I'll have to try that one year.